Glasses Coating & Anti-Fog
Improved formula - Outstanding Performance
Coating for sunglasses and spectacles
We are frequently asked about which coating we suggest for coating spectacles. It would appear to be a simple question, but the answer to it is quite complicated.
Modern spectacle lenses are made from several different types of "plastics" or glass (most common in bi focal lenses.) In addition to the different substrates one has to consider the different coatings which can appear on the spectacles.
One then has to consider that the frames of the spectacles can be made of plastics or metals. Often there is a lacquer coating on the frames.
Options for coating spectacles and sun glasses
Over many years of testing our 7656 coating has proven to be a great all round protection for spectacles of all types.
- This DIY coating is exceptionally easy to apply
- Rapid curing time
- The surfaces can be handled in minutes
- At only 100nm (nanometer) it does not create any discernible interference with light transmittance
- It creates an easy to clean surface
- It provides enhanced protection to scratches on all surfaces
- It provides outstanding hydrophobicity
- Of great benefit when outdoors ( sports, sailing etc)
- The alcohol based solvents are not highly aggressive
- Depending on usage, the coating will last for approximately 1 year
More about Plastics & Metal Coatings
- Longer lasting protection
- Create a more durable layer at between 1-3 microns
- Suitable for either the manufacture of spectacles who wish to produce spectacles with enhanced protection to all surfaces or to those who which to enhance the appearance of their spectacles or who wish to use their spectacles in more extreme environments
- These coatings require greater care in application
- The solvents used are more complex than alcohol and so greater understanding of the substrate is required
- The curing time for these coatings is longer
- The coatings make dulled surfaces look like new
- The coatings are highly resistant to abrasion and chemical attack
- The coatings provide excellent hydrophobicity
More about Permanent Pro Easy On
In most instance we would recommend the protection and enhancement of spectacles via the application of our 7656 coating (available for DIY wipe on application).
Those who work in the spectacles manufacturing or enhancement sectors may find our professional coatings to be of interest.