Solar Panel & Wind Turbine Coatings
Photovoltaic modules produce their best yield under optimal conditions. With our special coating, the amount of light transmittance to the PV cells increases. Cleaning becomes much easier, and the cleaning cycle requirement is significantly extended. These factors lead to an increased yield of your system.
The problem with soiling
Soiling is not only caused by leaves, tree needles or pollen, but also by dirt particles in the air. Bird droppings can be particularly unpleasant and can even cause etching on the module surface. In addition, the edges of the solar panels tend to attract heavier soiling. This soiling ranges from salt and sand build-up to moss or lichen formation; depending on the location of the panel.
In principle, soiling on the photovoltaic modules acts like shading and this reduces the yield of the photovoltaic system. Depending on the degree of soiling, this reduction in yield can amount to between 10 and 20 percent. This makes it almost impossible to generate a decent return. In addition, soiling at the edges of the PV system leads to an increased need for repair and maintenance.
Our easy to apply and highly durable PV coating offers instant benefits.
- Advanced SiO2 technology which creates an invisible protective layer, approx. 100 nm (nanometres) "thick”. Approximately 500 times thinner than a human hair, therefore no negative impact on light transfer.
- Protects the surface against abrasion and degradation
- Heat and frost resistant
- Resistant to sea water, and acid / alkaline 1.5 to 12.5 ph
- Water and dirt repellent
- Easy and quick application
- Can be applied at +10° to +30°C
- "Easy-to-clean" effect (surfaces become easy to clean = time and cost saving. Heavy surface soiling is often washed off by rain)
- Coverage: Approx. 150m² with one litre
- Reduces the negative ecological (CO2) footprint when cleaning:
- Less water is needed
- Zero Chemical cleaning
Up to 10% more output can be generated in wet weather conditions
Additional benefits associated with the coating solar panels with LiquiGlas solar panel protection.
- The negative impact of rain, snow, ice, and sun are significantly reduced
- Soiling by bird droppings, tree sap, leaves, foliage, and pollen is easily removed = reduced light/energy transfer
- Pollution is normally "baked in" by the sun = reduction in the service life of the panels. Coated solar panels prevent the baking in of soiling agents, therefore significantly extending the working life of the unit
Complete Set for PV Installations up to 70 m²
- 500 ml Biosativa® Bio-Cleaner Concentrate 1:10 for pre-cleaning
- 1.000 ml Isopropanl Alcohol 99,9% for degreasing
- 500 ml Liquid Glass Coating 7601 (for appr. 75-100 m²)
- 100 dry wipes 25 x 16 cm for pre-cleaning
- 10 micro-fibre wipes 10 x 10 cm for application
- 5 micro-fibre wipes 30 x 30 cm for polishing
- 10 one-way gloves