7640 Permanent Protect
Quartz Ceramic Coating
This highly advanced coating has been specially developed for the demanding requirements of the auto, aviation, marine, military and transport sectors. It is extremely resistant to corrosion, abrasion, and temperatures, and can be applied to metal, plastic, powder-coated, and painted surfaces.
Curing can occur at ambient temperature, but the additional application of heat is also advantageous. The coating forms an extremely strong bond with the surface and creates an abrasion-resistant finish with very high resistance to solvents.
The thin and transparent coating possesses extreme stability, and a degree of hardness up to 9H can be achieved. Suitable for all kinds of vehicles (including vintage cars), motorcycles, caravans, and boats.
Downloads & Videos
Our 7640 Q² Quartz Ceramic Coating Coating is a glass like coating based on silanes. The coating can be applied as either a thick layer of approximately 10 microns on to surfaces which are not highly reflective or the coating can be applied and then buffed thus reducing the coating thickness to approximately two microns. This latter procedure is normally used in the auto sector. The coating is neither paint, wax nor a sealant, and cannot flake off or be washed off. The coating forms a durable (“covalent”) bond with the paint, and it can only be removed by strong abrasive forces. The coating cannot be dissolved by standard chemicals which are commonly used in the auto sector. The coating provides a highly glossy appearance but like all surface abrasion will eventually impact on the coating. The useful life of the coating will depend on the amount of abrasion that the surface is subjected to.
We use the familiar “pencil hardness” to describe the hardness of a layer. The measuring range is between 6B (smoothest) and 9H (hardest). The Auto and Aerospace 9H Ceramics Coating achieves a hardness grade of 8H (drying at indoor temperature) up to 9H (heat drying).
The hardness of a coating is measured when the coating is applied to a metal test bed. If the coating is applied to a soft painted surface the hardness of the coating will remain constant, but the underlying soft painted surface and the coating can be distorted if point loading pressure is applied.
- Clear, colourless liquid based on silanes. Contains solvents
- Extremely abrasion-resistant, with very high adhesive properties, and high impact strength
- Hydrophobic, oleophobic and stain-resistant
- Suitable for spray or manual application
- After polishing the surface will become “ultra shiny”
- “Easy-to-clean” effect - surfaces stay cleaner for longer, and all cleaning becomes very easy, thus extending the cleaning intervals and reducing cleaning and maintenance costs
- Highly effective for up to 72 months
- Application with electric polishing machine possible
- Material consumption for an entire car, approx. 35-50 ml
- Temperature resistance: the coating is heat-resistant up to 750°C, and cold-resistant up to -90°C
- Oxidation and corrosion resistance: bare metal will oxidize over time, as will painted surfaces. 7640 Q² Quartz Ceramic Coating is very dense and it protects paint and metal against contact with water and oxygen, and is therefore a highly effective corrosion resistant layer.
- High resistant against chemicals: the coating is 100% resistant against chemicals/solvents, to which vehicles are generally exposed
- 7640-50: 50 ml bottle
- 7640-100: 100 ml bottle
- 7640-1: 1000 ml bottle